SARPA (South African Rugby Players’ Association) is a division of MyPlayers. Established in 1998, it is the official registered trade union of professional players.
Since then, SARPA is responsible for handling the issues below at national and provincial level:
• Minimum employment conditions
• Sick, Annual and family responsibility leave
• Duties of Players
• Medical examinations
• Individual endorsement deals of players
• Work hours
• Disciplinary matters
• Grievance procedures
• Standard Player contract terms
• Travel and accommodation benefits
• Termination of contract by province or player
SARPA is represented on the International Rugby Players’ Association. It is also a member of the Uni World Athletes, representing the leading athlete unions from the world’s major professional sports.