The commercial division of MyPlayers is mainly responsible to oversee and manage the collective commercial rights of the players.
Collective commercial rights can broadly be defined where two or more players in team kit are being used for financial gain by a third party.
Collective commercial rights are managed by various Players Trusts to ensure that players earn the appropriate revenue from the commercialisation of these rights.
The main functions of this commercial division are:
Commercial Management of Rights
- MyPlayers ensures that collective commercial rights are managed in line with the world’s best practice;
- We grant use of collective commercial rights to partners such as SARU, Provincial unions and
- Ongoing evaluation and pricing of collective rights; Player Trusts
- Ensure grant of collective commercial rights from players to Player Trusts;
- Administrative management of Player Trusts;
- Payments/distributions and relevant communication around this;
General commercial development
- Form commercial partnerships with third parties;
- Develop licensing program (player products, campaigns)